View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Owen, I don't know if this belongs in this thread, but I often wonder if it made my symtoms worse since I experienced quite a bit of anxiety over the circumstances surrounding my accident. So after I got hit by a car while on my bike the car backed up and took off (at least he didn't run over me as I was on the street in front of the car). I saw the license plate, but never saw the driver and a witness knew the make and model of the car. About an hour later the police stopped the car, arrested the owner on an outstanding warrant and impounded the car. Well, he said he wasn't the one driving earlier and eventually gave the police the name of the other person. Our local paper prints my name and address and the fact that I gave the police the license plate no. So this other guy gets arrested a week later after leading the police on a high speed chase for almost an hour and he has all kinds of drugs in the car. They had to chase him down with the police dog. He was also wanted on previous drug charges and auto theft. So the reason why he was never charged with the hit and run was because I could not have identified the driver and it was one criminal against another. Needless to say that neither one had car insurance. Well, this guy got ten years in prison and the owner of the car has been arrested again on a probation violation.

If anything good came out of my misfortune it's that two drug dealers are off the street for a while.
Sissy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote