Thread: Getting the SCS
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sorry i missed this yesterday

the psych evals i have had werent that stressful mostly they are just trying to make sure that you will be able to handle the stress of the process. i think they pretty much expect all of us to say we are depressed (who wouldnt be ). one i went to was a real stickler about how i had handled the change in my life menatlly...the whole did you drink, do drugs, try to kill yourself...have you maintained family ties, social bonds. i had him a little concerned and had to have my shrink talk to him (apparently he was concerned because i was so unfazed by the whole thing) of course he never asked me when i was first diagnosed and didnt bother to find out the fact that i was an athlete that managed to get hurt regularly.
the first guy had me fill in like 130 little circles (like the SATs all over again...now that stressed me out).
the second psych eval was much better (better doc better shrink...go figure) he basically talked to me for about an hour and a half and had no concerns about me having the trial or the permenant.
anyway i hope things went well for you i know the entire process especially when it happens so quickly adds stress and pressure to the proccess.
i do have one question what area is your stim going to cover (and which system has your doc chosen) it makes a big difference in comfort after the procedure, the time it takes to heal, and in mho how effecive the stim is
Strong mind Strong body
wakegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote