View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Supporting

others not only helps them, but it helps you so it is a win-win. I belong to a wonderful support group.Since you will be helping newbies it would be helpful to sit down and talk about some things that apply to most of us. Such as depression, because of pain. People not understanding. Hyper feeling with touch and how to lessen these feeling ( the first time I took a shower I thought the water felt like needles being driven into my skin- short shower)Maybe a few books that they can read and of course US Allow a short period for Q&A found out what they would like to go into more depth with for the next meeting. Our leader has speakers about every three or four months, but she always had a topic and does not allow it to become a pity party. She encourages us to share what helps us. Also she tries to have a hand out on some new research or med or something of interest. We have light refreshments, usually veggies and dip with a drink. We pay $10. a year, if we can afford it, otherwise it is free. Hope this helps, I'll be happy to share more about our meetings if you are interested.Carose
carose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote