View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 04:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sounds like a good book!

Although I think of animals as nt - the amount of body language they absorb is amazing. Monkeys, wolves, all so aware of social ranking. The omega wolf breaks my heart, I feel like one so often...like I'm sort of assigned to this rank and can't do much about it. I mean, not now so much, but when ever I watch wolf documentaries.

Monkeys/apes though, wow...like humans, they make their body do one thing while their brain thinks another and that is totally nt as far as my thinking. Like, they'll pretend not to be interested in something of interest for reasons of strategy or social strategy...wish I could think of an example. I know they go out of their way to treat the 'lead' monkeys better than the 'lower' monkeys. The totally get the 'heirarchy' thing, something Vince doesn't get at all, and something I get but then again I don't. I get it on paper, I get it in my brain, but not in my heart. Like if the queen of England tried to get in front of me in line, I'd be like 'no way' and I don't see why just cause she's the queen she should get preferential treatment, but, I get that that's the way it is. I have a major problem still with 'authority', yet, I wouldn't at all mind a hard working janitor on his feet all day cutting in front of me. Anyhow, good thing I get Vince not getting the heirarchy thing. It helps.

I can't imagine any animal being on the spectrum and surviving, unless perhaps it was a loner anyway such as a hamster. So many critters LEARN so much that is not instinct.

Instinct though is completely amazing...migration, all that kind of thing.

Well, sounds like a cool book, dunno how much simularity I'd find between asd wiring and critter brains, I would think there's a lot of sensory simularity though.
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote