View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D.

Welcome to the world of Ebay. Now listen to me very carefully. Ebay will never send you an email asking for any personal information. They will never send you an email asking you to provide your password, credit card update. NEVER.

If you ever get an email and it appears to be from EBAY, close the email and go to www.ebay.com and go to MY EBAY.

If Ebay has sent you a message it will be THERE and no place else. You will see a line that says YOU HAVE 1 MESSAGE (or however messages you have in your private message box.

You might get a message from a person whose item you are bidding on. They can only send you a message through the ebay mail center. They can't find out your persona email address.

If you get such a message (lets' say you are bidding on the item you are bidding on), and the seller wants to get in touch with you....you will receive an email in your regular email box and when you open it up, you will see the question they are asking you and to the right they will be a button that says 'RESPOND NOW".

If you wish to answer anybody's message, you click on the words RESPOND NOW, you will be prompted to give your user id and password and then you'll be routed to the ebay mail place.

Believe me, I know EBAY, been doing it for almost as long as it's been in existence.

So any scam email from anybody pretending to be an email from EBAY, well, they called it spoof emails, or phishing.

You can read about it in the help section of ebay.

Now, as far as Paypal. I've used it for years, and I'm a verified PAYPAL user.

That means, to be verified (to be under the protection of PAYPAL), you have to put either a credit card on file or a bank account. This is the only way to get verified.

If you plan on doing lots of buying or selling and using PAYPAL, well, people trust a verified seller or buyer.

So give it some thought.

And there are various PAYPAL accounts. There is the regular account, and there is the business account. You can read all about this at paypal.com.

See, you helped me, and I helped you.

You can private message me anytime you wish regarding EBAY. I know it like the back of my hand.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote