View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Judy--How kind of you to take the time to write such a supportive letter. One question: when you say you tried everything, what did you try? My brother takes TONS of Aleve but it really doesn't do much, unfortunately. I too deal with horrible pain. I am not hip to all the medical acronyms for problems that most folks who post here are but I have 4 different problems, each of which causes horrific pain. Fibromyalgia is one. Since I don't know the official names of the others it would take too long to explain. But I know first hand what my brother is going through and it kills me that I cannot help him. I think perhaps you ought to press for more tests or see a differrent doctor. My pain kept spreading and getting worse and no fewer than 7 different doctors chalked it up to a long-standing spinal problem (failed back syndrome) and ignored TONS of weird symptoms. Turns out they allowed a well differentiated lipsarcoma to grow to the size of two large whole summer water melons that went through my spine, down my buttock and leg and through the pelvic bone to fill the pelvis. They literally had to filet me front and back to get it all out. The tumor was only found when my doctor retired and I saw a new doc. So not to scare you but doctors get really comfortable with a diagnosis and WON'T see what is right in front of them. It never occurred to me that more might be going on with my brother. I am going to press for more tests and attention to his spinal problem. Bless you for you beautiful post. Once again, it brings tears to my eyes that people who don't even know us care more than the doctors we see who SHOULD care. I hope you find relief somehow. Hope to chat with you more. Miranda
Miranda Arden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote