View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Trigger: my work friend

Trigger my work friend is in ICU from a possible overdose.
My work friend's partner called me tonight to tell me that my workfriend George is in a coma in the ICU from a possible overdose. The partner found G in a coma Wednesday morning when he tried to wake him up for work.

I tried to be comforting to the partner/boyfriend and not ask a lot of questions. But I don't understand how their can be any question about whehter the od was on purpose or not. Duh. He spoke about the S word all the time and his med bottles are empty. Are doctors morons?

And I feel bad because the last time I saw him, he said the S word and I refused to listen to him. I did tell him that I would call my therapist for the name of the pdoc she works with. I didn't get around to it.
But the partner told me tonight that G. would not have driven more than 5 minutes away anyway and the people I have names for are 45+ minutes away.

The two have been heading for a breakup. Now the partner is staying at the hospital round the clock, even sleeping there.

G is at one of the best hospitals around. . . . Except I learned something disconcerting. The stupid loser pdoc who (mis) treats my work friend is also on the board of directors at the hospital. I am sooooooo not impressed. The partner says the pdoc's picture is on several walls on the first floor when you walk into the hospital.

A big mess.
I wish I had not encouraged him to go back to work. He seemed to want me to help him decide. He wasn't ready.

I had ignored voice mail for two days. I feel bad about that. Tonight when I picked up the phone, the partner said he had been trying to call.

I told him that I would say a prayer for him and for G.
Also I have to announce to work that G is in hospital and will be missing days for a while.

M