View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default More info than you probably wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
I guess, getting a teeny bit more information about what's happened to get the current diagnosis
I haven't read all the info in the pages from your URL yet, but I will.

As far as your questions, I think all the answers are in the two files at the URLs below. Heather had ICP (Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy) for one (possible two) of our babies and is currently fighting some bad sinuses, but other than that no major health issues. The PN started shortly after the birth of our second baby. No meds when the PN started.

She's had the glucose and bloodwork. Other than her triglycerides, pretty much everything else came back normal. As far as antibody tests, I don't think so. I didn't find anything in our lab results that seemed to fit in LizaJane's "Neuronal Antibody Tests" sheet. No spinal tap or more invasive tests. It sounds to me like she has small fiber sensory neuropathy, but we haven't done a skin biopsy yet to confirm that. Do you think the "Neuronal Antibody Tests" should be done instead of or in addition to a skin biopsy?

http://www.lizajane.org/PN/Users/jim...rsLizaJane.pdf
http://www.lizajane.org/PN/Users/jim...lthHistory.pdf

We live in northeast Nebraska. Omaha is the only metro area nearby, so I doubt we have too many choices. We've talked to the Omaha doc's people and they seem nice. We're going to try that route. We're not expecting miracles, just someone who won't give up on finding a cause so easily. I realize that's not always possible, but we're not ready to give up yet.

Thanks so much dahlek (and everyone who's taking the time to help) for all the advice. I'm sorry that so many of you have been forced into becoming experts with PN, but it sure helps us newbies out.
jimj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote