View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtsobad73 View Post
I guess what I am wondering is, do you think 1) this sounds like PD, 2) that my neuro would have already thought of PD since he was checking me for MS or 3) I should call my PCP or neuro and ask them about PD.
Since you haven't received many replies, I'll go ahead and reply again. Regarding your questions:

1. No, it doesn't sound like PD to me. There are some similarities, but there are some differences, too.

2. Yes, I would expect that a neurologist would consider PD. I cannot speculate what she/he may be thinking, but I would sure expect a highly educated individual would consider all possibilities (at least within their realm of knowledge and expertise).

3. Yes, call. But I don't advise asserting that it is PD. Doctors need facts. Tell them what you have told us.

About PD: I'm not a doctor. I'm just a person who has symptoms and who has done a lot of reading about the symptoms I have. You have symptoms that I don't have. So it sounds to me like you may have some parkinsonian symptoms and more. There's the possibility that more than one causal factor may be present. As I read through your symptoms, I had the thought of a chemical problem or perhaps the presence of something toxic.

My advice: Take the facts to your doctors and be assertive. There is no reason for you to suffer. The doctors alone have the answer. Don't give up and don't give in. Keep believing that there is an answer for you. It's not really the diagnosis that matters most. What matters is getting healthy and feeling better.
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote