View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 06:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Disability Insurance

My husband, 58 years of age, in the same profession as a distribution operations manager, was FINALLY diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 1/3 yrs. ago (May 2004). 2 yrs. prior to that, he was diagnosed with a benign familial tremor. Before that, other syptoms, etc., etc., You know the drill.

Anyway, he was diagnosed with parkinson's about 2 months after signing onto a disability policy with his new employer. He has been continuously covered for by that disability policy for about 3.5 years. After reading the pre-existing condition policy, he should be OK on that front (policy waives pre-existing conditions when continuously covered for 365 days).

The demands of his job - 10 to 12 hour days, on the floor 95% of the time, using a computer with a severe tremor in his right hand, dyskenisia, swaying, shuffling at times, slow movement, major cognitive problems - you name it, he has it - have finally taken their toll. He went out of work on STD in August and he has since filed with the LTD carrier, Hartford.

Looking for some feedback, regarding any experience folks have had with disability insurance companies. I've been surfing the net and everything I read is negative!! I once had a heart attack and was on LTD and my insurance company rep, and company - Liberty - was very helpful.

Feedback would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance for you help.
jstevens43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote