View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm getting stronger about hearing those stories ((Alffe)). Someone has to! People who devote their lives to these no-kill shelters are angels I'm sure. The one I donate to has grown and they only do so from mainly others who help. But initially they made the investments. They are good people. They even have a 'sanctuary' where they keep those pets that just aren't adoptable, and care for them themselves until they pass on.

The puppy mills, they keep their eyes on them everywhere. But for some reason, they have to go through a process of going to an auction when these puppymill owners clear out some of their inventory. So these people buy them and take them back with them.

Some of those from Arkansas they got for as little as $1 because they were in such poor shape. One was a dog who had had 23 litters of puppies.

But they also rescue animals from homes that are being abused, or homes where animals have been deserted when owners leave. Or animals people find roaming around.

This summer they just accomplished making an 'agility yard' with playground equipment for their animals!! (I wonder how many pooper scoopers these people have to have on hand, LOL!) playground for the sweeties

They even have a 'buddy' program where you can virtually adopt one of their pets and donate x amount of dollars each month or whatever. And the pet becomes your adopted buddy til they get adopted out.

I'm tellin ya, animals have souls too, feel hurt, and feel love.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote