View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi,

The best way I think to let her know about it I think is to run some info. off of the internet and also go to the Library and see if they have some books on cronic pain and RSD for her to read. She wouldn't have to read the whole book. Just parts to help her.

My daughter and my son-in-law's sister are my caregivers. I don't know how much they understand about RSD but they are very helpful. I doubt though if either one could tell me what RSD is.

We do feel alone in this, especially when our pain level is at it's worst. I don't think it matters how much support we have. They can help us with our care such as running hot baths, and fixing meals for us but as far as keeping us from feeling alone in this there isn't a way, I don't think. I don't remember how many times I told my Dr. I felt alone in this mess. The pain gets unbearable. I feel like I am in a better place then most on here but I have my days. I also think mine is getting worse in my legs and feet and I'm trying to deal with that. Still I know you and others are worse off then me.

My Mother is gone now. She use to try to wait on me when I was at my worst. Unfortuntely she was worse off then I was at the time.

We're here for you also. I know it's not enough support but at least you can come here and talk to us and learn some things that might help you to lessen the pain.

I do know what you are saying. My Drs. favorite line was, " get in the tub soak in hot water and epson salt." I use to scream at him that it wasn't working."

I get triggerpoint injections and have been on Methadone for years so that's helped me a lot.

All of us find different things that help as I said. Do try that tens unit when you get it. I loved mine.

As far as being dizzy, that could be the meds but I do know I was dizzy a lot when I was at my worst. I fell at least 13 times when I first started with this so you really have to be careful.

I do hope that you start feeling better and stay on here with us and that will help you to feel that you are not alone so much.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote