View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Chris, I do definitely have sleep issues. I do get leg spasms if I try and sleep with my legs in certain positions, but I think the major problem is that I can no longer turn over in my sleep. So, I get uncomfortable or need to change positions and wake up to turn myself over. Sleep is also complicated by my darling but snoring husband. Once I've woken up, his snoring can keep me from falling back asleep.

I've got an ataxic gait, according to my neurologist and physio. Wide based, unco-ordinated, as well as balance issues. We've discussed foot drop previously because my left foot does drag somewhat (worse with fatigue), and she mentioned an AFO to me and has said that if things get worse that's something we should look at. Might be time to talk to her about this again, it might make my walking a bit more stable.

Thanks so much for your response. I notice from Sally's welcome post that you're a Brit - I have a half British half American husband whom I met while I was in London. We lived in Camden together for a couple of years before coming to Australia. Great fun!