Thread: Effexor?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Ribbon Other info i was looking for...

SO...i finally had a moment to look up something I have been wondering...

YES effexor is one of the A/D's often prescribed for ADD, which I also have, and have never been treated for....! Maybe that's why I feel so CALM...

To update, I am not feeling remotely loopy anymore on it, that went a way in a few days. Also, after two weeks I noticed the pain relife started to drop off so I did decide to up to the 75mg like I was supposed to in the first place. When I did, all the pain relife came back. Not sure how long it will last, something to talk to Dr J about when I see him next, like when i get to the right dose will it stay, or will it never be quite as good as it was in the beginning?

In any case, I can't believe how much better I feel. I don't think I have had an outburst at my hubby or any of my kids since I started the stuff, and I have definitely noticed how much more clearly I have been able to think (which is why i was wondering if this was one of the ones frequently prescribed for ADD).

Most of all, being able to hold my baby girl again has made me very very happy. Makign sure not to do it *too* much, but really really savoring every second of it.

It isn't all the meds, as I have been seeing Joyce and feldenkrais PT, and really working hard to recover from my surgery, but what an amazing difference for me. WOW.

I think this is the part where I write:

I my Effexor

That's pretty corny, huh? I hope someone manages a tiny laugh out of it

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote