View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 08:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Joan Snyder my inspiration

The first time I met Joan was in 1998 at the Dumpster gathering. What a rocking good time we had. I've been going to Joan's every year since and I'm always amazed at her dedication to raise funds for PD research. Her fundraisers just keep getting bigger and better. And one of the best parts is meeting other parkies. Each year I see some old friends and meet new friends. This year was no different. I was at hospitality table and got to talk with newly dx parkies, older dx parkies and caregivers from ILL. What a wonderful expierience. Joan and her family make everyone feel right at home. This year my husband finally came along and our last morning he walked into Joan's living room in his shorts(I made him put them on) and Joan says "Roger, I'm glad you feel so comfortable here that you let it all hang out." I was suppose to see neuro on way home but Roger was enjoying Joan's mom, gobby, so much that we missed my appointment and I had to drive back to Milwaukee on Tues. Thanks Joan. I love you and your family and you are truly an inspiration to us all.
Carol
caz5346 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote