View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default strattera and tourettes

My daughter was prescribed Strattera to treat her tourettes several years ago by a chkd doctor. It was her first visit to him and after knowing her for a whole of 10 minutes, he had her drop her current medication and go on Strattera because he said it was 'so promising' for Tourettes. He was a neurologist and VERY respected and I trusted his judgement. It was one of the most aweful experiences she has ever gone through. She got horribly depressed and her symptoms got worse. She had only Tourettes, no adhd or anything else. I called Eli Lilly (sp?) to ask about the associated symptons because he never mentioned any of that to us and Lily said that they did not make that medicine to treat Tourettes and pretty much read a disclaimer to me that they were not responsible for mistreating blah blah. I would HIGHLY recommend not putting your child on Strattera unless you are prepared to really pay attention to mood swings, etc.. We went to another doctor who promptly took her off the Strattera and back on the Clonidine. Just be careful...
lori is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote