View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I had begun a cough, so last night I had the most horrible experience of my life. I tasted Buckleys Cough Syrup.

My god, I do not know how anyone can take this stuff. It's made in Canada and the label actually says: "it tastes terrible, but it works".

It's like liquid vicks in your mouth. I held my nose as I swallowed it, but that made no difference, and when I let my nose loose, jeeeeezz, my mouth was on fire.

Won't do it again.

I feel much much better today (gotta love those swabs).

But I bought some sugar free Tussin cough and chest thing.

Took a little bit in CVS.

Oh, you'll love this story.

As I'm purchasing the Tussin syrup, the pharmacist's assistant is telling him "I got bit by something the other day, I hope I don't get lyme disease". At exactly the same time I blurted out the following, so did the pharmacist.

We both said "did you notice a bulls eye rash". The guy looked clueless. I simply said "they say to look for a bulls eye rash to see if you have been bittn by a tick. Have you been out in the grass or outdoors anywhere"? and the guy goes "No, I didn't go anywhere".

Then this lady approaches me and says "can you look at my arm, is this a bulls eye rash"??? I said "no, that's a mosquito bite" and she said "oh, yeah, I got bit in my kitchen by some mosquito". Then she says to me "what's a bulls eye rash"? and I said "Well, you know what a bulls eye is right??" and she goes "no, I don't" And I said "ever see target practice where they shoot at a bulls eye??" and she goes "oh, that's a bulls eye??" So I said "yes, and then I said "if you ever have a cut or a wound and it gets red and hot, and you see lines going up from that wound, go to your doctor, that may mean you have an infection of some kind". The pharmacist said "oh, that's right". Then the lady looked at me and said: "how come you know these things?" and I couldn't think of anything else to say so I just said "Oh, I just know medical *****".

Whereupon she burst out laughing and said: "My god, that would be an excellent title for a book". "I JUST KNOW MEDICAL *****"

We started to laugh. Then she actually asked me my name and said I should write a book, give it that title and if she ever sees it in a bookstore, she'll buy it.

And all I did was go and by some cough syrup. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote