View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'll shut up after this and read your post Cara, you mentioned falls your friends mom had.. MIL is in the 2nd NH. The first one, well, it was a gross mistake. They called hubby one night and told him MIL's room-mate pushed her down, but she only had a small knot on her head. Hubby told her to have her dressed, he would pick her up in 20 and take het to ER to check it out.

Well, her skull was fractured. The only time we went back there was to get her clothes! We had already been looking for one, not so fancy on the out side, but have a good nursing staff.

She has had several "falls", broke her shoulder in 3 places adn had to have surgery 2 times in less that 2 months. My opinion? there was no way she could have fallen and hurt her shoulder that way. somebody was jerking her arm!!
I understand now why they say the leading cause of death with AD patients were( p=monia SP) & falls. I believe that. My heart breaks for all the little patients. They can be so funny, they laugh, we laugh, they don't we don't. just have to follow along.thank you all for the information.

Jo
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote