View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 10:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I had 2 brain surgeries the first was a veeg where they put 7 depth electrodes directly on my brain to pinpoint the exact locations of where the sz. were coming from. My second surgery was a right temporal lobectomy where my surgeon used ultra sound to destroy 75% of the scar tissue on the RTL and he removed all of the right hippocampus because it became hard and shrunk from yrs. of sz. This is one area where a persons learning and memory is.

I had my last surgery in the summer of 1994 and my surgeon told me that the surgery would only reduce my sz. and that it would take 6 months for a full recovery and during this time I could have sz. because of the nerves healing from the surgery. Since the surgery my short term memory has gotten really bad but that's all do to the removal of the hippocampus. Before surgery my memory was a lot better and my spelling was really good also.
Before surgery I would average 300 sz. a yr. and then after surgery I had only 68 sz. in a yr. and things were going great but then my parents got a divorce after being together for over 41 yrs. and the stress and rejection I have received from them has caused my sz. to get worse so far this yr. I've had 100 sz. and when they first broke up I had 171 sz. I'm now having grand mal and I've had a few status sz. so all of the surgery was a waste of time and money thanks to my parents. I haven't seen my father in over 2 yrs. and my mother wants nothing to do with me anymore because my epi told me that it was my parents break up that caused more brain damage. I'm at the end of my rope and about ready to give up on life. I have tried so many different things for my parents to accept me but they won't all because of my E. I sure hope things are better for your father and that you have a great relationship. I'm sorry this is so negative but I'm just being honest stress can mess a person up greatly! Here's wishing you and your family only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote