View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh dear Sue, I am so sorry that you have that added stress in your life. One thing I have learned about rejection is that sometimes we have to accept it for what it is. Your mom has the problem, the problem is not you. It is more likely that she either just doesn't know how to deal with the fact that the stress of the divorce caused you to go back to seizing or she is too selfish to acknowledge that that is a reasonable fact. She may be in denial that her divorce can cause such emotional stress on another person and therefore has decided not to have a relationship with you. Point being, although she is your mom, just like anyone else that we deem negative in our life, we must try to move on in a healthy way. My mother and I don't get along either, she has emphysema and COPD. I live 7hrs from her, but try to call and check on her as often as possible. She of course will deny this to anyone who talks to her. I am the selfish child who doesn't want anything to do with her. That was the way for sometime. My mom was not a good mother growing up. She allowed me to be physically, sexually and emotionally abused. Her doing most of the emotional abuse. I will be the first to say, that a mother/child bond is so strong that we need them to recognize our thoughts and feelings and we forget to take care of ourselves. Don't allow your mom to dictate how you live, because even her being absent in your life is giving you undue stress.
Take care of yourself.

I hope I didn't say anything to upset you. That was not my intention. Please forgive me if I did.

Best wishes and remember that our true parent, Our Father, loves us indefinitely.

M

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote