View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi (and welcome)! First, don't let my experience scare you. I tend to be prone to bad luck. Heh. I have personally found that it is more comfortable on me when they use the cap versus the individual electrodes 'glued' on. I am not sure if accuracy differs, so you'd have to check on that (or I can if you like).

I should also mention that I am more prone to pain in specific areas due to my Trigeminal Neuralgia. There's two 'trigger' spots for me which unfortunately, are right where they put the electrodes. When they use the cap on me, it doesn't apply as much pressure on those specific areas and they also tend to not 'scrub' as much with that sandy paste stuff.

Since you seem to be sensitive (as I am, too) maybe you can ask if they could use a cap and ask if there's less accuracy with them (or more). I have never left an EEG in pain nor did I have pain during one when they used the cap.

I don't think I've had any Neuropsych testing, but I am going in soon for a SPECT scan (for Lyme Disease) pending insurance approval.

Hope that helps some

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote