Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The spots on mri---for those wondering---apparently, when you get migraines, you get spots on a certain film done with an MRI. I'm not sure what it means, but it says "T2". What the rheumie explains is that migraines are the result of spasms in vessels in the brain, and that it's the spasm that causes the pain and the finding. It's not something is coincidental with migraine; it's an inevitable finding on mri. So the only thing about it to worry about, is that you're prone to migraines. Apparently, there's no further significance. Migraines are a real thing.

Sinus update: I saw my NON-surgical sinus guy today, and he's thinking that I'm not necessarily "infected", but that the last surgery has scarred closed, and will need to be reopened. He felt kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, because the thing that will help, steroids, is bad for my pituitary. He actually spoke with the endo while I was in the office, and they agreed on a strategy--half-dose cortisone for a week.

While I'm not pleased that the sinus saga has no end, it's still way better than worrying about the brain mri and antibody tests.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote