View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello This Is Mt First Post.

Hi I am new here and I thought I would post my introduction here instead of the official page. I found that one slightly confusing. I am a 66 year old Australian woman and I have had various inflammatory diseases occuring throughout my life.

In an attempt to solve the problem I visited a Functional Health doctor in 2000. She did a heap of bloodwork and one test IgA came back as positive, but she dismissed it as she said that the other one IgG was negative and that the it needed the pair of them to be positive. I did not realise the importance of this until quite recently and did not question her about it's meaning.

Over a course of years I have had a variety of symptoms that suggest CD. These include consistent anemia, that continues to today, graves disease, migraines, vertigo, osteoporosis, small skin lesions and lifelong asthma. My intestinal woes consist of pain, bloating, burping, and constipation. I also have various allergies and I am lactose intolerant. I have noticed that only 20 minutes after ingesting any gluten products I bloat immediately.

Since going on a gluten free diet all intestinal problems have disappeared, that is until I eat something with hidden gluten, then I start bloating and burping again. I also have noticed that panic attacks are more common then.
I follow a strict vegan diet and take added iron and vitB12. I have not had a biopsy and I would prefer not to have this *** it involves a general anesthetic and with asthma that is not advisable.

Anyway I am glad to have found this forum. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Regional Sympathetic Dystrophy, but after 18 months of treatment, this seems to have resolved, thankfully.

Jocelyn
Jocelyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote