View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry; I didn't see your post until today. I don't visit the forum every day (as I once did) and possibly there are others who also don't have a chance to visit each day either.

I'm not sure what your comment about views means, but... regardless:

We're all doing the best we are able; we're also spinal patients dealing with our pain, as well. Some of us? Working at times, bedridden at others. I can only speak for myself: I haven't much stamina or attention span at times. To find out what my own med. tests mean? A feat in itself.

I'm sure many of us understand your frustration. (We've been there ourselves.)

It would take me a bit of time, and more than I've the energy to muster, to find out what the terms in your MRI mean and relate that info. accurately. (After spending several weeks in bed, just wanting to get to the point where I can make it to a bathroom on my own, I'm not much in the mood to spend a lot of time Googling.)

A cursory look at what you noted about your L-spine, it seems that you've got arthritis (put in clinicial terms, however, in the report).

Your facets (the arthritis within your facet joints) might be causing you a lot of pain. But: As stated, I am merely a patient, too.

Radiofrequencing (RF) of the nerves (from the facets) might provide some relief of pain; if a person is a good candidate (meaning blocks, etc., have proved effective) that pain relief can last up to 18 or so months. And, also if effective, the procedure can be repeated after the nerves regenerate.

Why aren't people responding? We can't offer a sure answer; we're not your doctors(s).

I would try Google and inputting the terms you want to know more about or ask the doctor who ordered the MRI.

I'm sorry that so many viewed your post and didn't reply. Maybe they just didn't know what to state or offer since you're looking for answers - as are many - and people don't want to mislead or offer info. that could be mistaken. Others: Maybe, they're just too dang'd worn out and tired - having to deal with their own health as well.

People aren't indifferent, though.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote