View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Looking For Safe Raw Diet!

I am looking for a raw diet that I can follow (daily meal plans). I was considering just going, "Hey, raw is raw" and trying that. However, I don't want to exclude anything that may be beneficial to me. I also do not want to risk losing weight, this is important to me. My partner, however, needs to lose weight - so a flex-diet of sorts where I can change a few things to compliment each of our needs would be great.

I can't find any books that seem to focus strictly on this. I am hoping to do this to accomplish a stronger immune system as well as improve both of our health. I don't know how overweight he is, although it was mentioned he's close to being diabetic. I'd like to maintain my weight or even gain a few pounds. Right now, if I don't overeat (3 meals and I snack every hour), I will lose weight. I don't know why, doctors don't know why but I've always been this way. Needless to say, I'm sick of eating so much. I tried ensure but I don't want to overload on all of it's contents as it has a lot of 'stuff' in it.

I'm willing (more than willing) to bend the rules and incorporate some cooked food. I've just heard a lot of good things about this raw diet and what it does for your body. I'd imagine once I finish (if ever) all of my medications, I will need to follow some detox diet first, as I can tell my body is really PO'd about all of the pills.

Anyway, I'm open to book suggestions or well known diets. I prefer to stray from "Fad Diets" (ie: Mayo Clinic Diet) and stick with something proven to do something good.

I'm open to any suggestions and prefer it not be some super expensive diet that requires I order bizarre herbs from another country.

Thanks in advance if you know of anything. Books I can order online would be best as getting out of the house these days is somewhat complicated.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote