Thread: Cogentin
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you, Guy

I have to say that your thoughts about the Cogentin coincide exactly with mine, although I must admit, I knew nothing of the renal factor, i.e., that in older people, Cogentin "lives longer" in the renal system and, as a result, it can have an effect on the cognitive aspect that we're attempting to resolve. Doreen is 64 so that I believe that "qualifies" her for the "renal factor"! She is actually taking 4 mg. Cogentin daily, divided into 3 dosings, but in my mind, too, I have thought that since Cogentin CAN cause the same cognitive problems as the Comtan seemed to have caused (albeit, to a lesser degree from what I've read)...still, it would seem to me that reducing the daily dosage to one that still works so well for the tremor, yet could address the cognitive would be the logical way to proceed...just as you suggested, Guy. Now, there are at least TWO of us "in sync" with this idea and that gives me the support I will need when I discuss this with Doreen's neurologist. DO NOT FEAR, GUY...I will NOT let him know who you are nor where he can find you!!! LOL Actually, I think he has enough on his hands with ME!!!!

Thank you so much, again, Guy, for taking the time and caring enough to respond to my post...appreciate it very much as I appreciate so much all the help that I receive from people here at this forum.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote