View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, Alan has decided to cancel the appointment.

Here's what happened. He went to see his original podiatrist today to have his orthotics adjusted. The new podiatrist wrote down what should be changed and Alan brought the paper to the previous podiatrist and he put them in for the change. Alan discussed the Orthopedic surgeon with him and this is what this podiatrist has to say. (Alan loves this guy by the way). He's been his original podiatrist for over 12 years. Mine also.

Well, the podiatrist told Alan. "For the moment, don't go to the Orthopedic Surgeon. Let's get these orthotics adjusted (they are being adjusted by about an 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch, Alan is not sure). He then said: "Alan, where your ulcer is, well, it's in a bad position, it's a very serious operation and well, I think it's in your best interest to wait before you consider surgery. Let it be the last thing that you consider. Let's try the orthotics. It's like a trial and error with orthotics, and now that you have the Cam Walker, let's get these orthotics made, and you'll try them. If the ulcer comes back, put on the Cam Walker until it heals, and if these orthotics don't do the trick, you can always then make an appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon. But you should always avoid surgery in cases like yours, It should really be your last thing".

So Alan wants to listen to him and phone up the ortho guy (guess who is going to do it??) and cancel.

I'm asking for your comments. Alan is not. He is listening to his podiatrist. He wants to try the re-done orthotics before considering any surgery. I kind of thought "why not just keep the appointment and get the guy's opinion" but Alan says "I want to wait".

So I'll just call up and thankfully tell his appointment person, exactly the reason, in a very polite way, and I'll just say "we are tabling this for now, but we will definitely give you a call if Alan feels he needs to see an orthopedic surgeon".

What do you all think???

Mel
P.S. Thanks

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote