Thread: SCS questions
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, that is the same SCS I will be getting tomorrow, Boston Scientific owns Advanced Bionics. What was the actual surgical experience like for her? I am a bit apprehensive about the leads being poked around in my "processing center" as they try to find the right coverage

However, I am praying like mad this will work, it is practically my last resort, you know? Not something you undertake lightly, or could have ever imagined yourself doing (or even knew existed!) in earlier days.

I It is good to hear they got the areas covered that they wanted, sure hope they can do the same for me! With the thoracic outlet syndrome AND nerve damage along with RSD, my Dr says I am pretty complex, he hopes he can get good coverage but won't know til he gets in there and tries. I'm trying to stay positive and BELIEVE this will work!! It just has to!

Best wishes to your daughter, hope she has great relief tomorrow. Is her spine painful at all where they inserted the leads? I am having both arms done - 2 leads. Pray I avoid a spinal headache, I'd really like to go to my daughter's homecoming football game tomorrow night with the family. The team is undefeated, we haven't been to a game yet, so it would be fun to get out and do something for a change, and let her "hang" with her friends

((hugs))
beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote