View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Prayers please as we are living parents worst nightmare......

is exactly what happened to us tonight at 7pm. Jack & I raised two of his grandson's since they were 10 & 12. The youngest, Ron, died tonight. He was hit by a drunk hit & run driver. She was followed by a witness to the accident & they called the cops. She was twice the legal amount allowed in CA for alcohol. What is foggy is that they are not sure if it was an accident or murder. Witnesses say she swerved into the parking lot of a convenient store to hit him. She hit him so hard he was thrown over 100 ft & was knocked out of his cowboy boots. Boots he was so proud to have bought. When I came into this family when he was 13, in 1999 & I cared & loved these boys just like they were my own. I treated them no different than my own.

We are so heart weary. We have always been afraid we would get some kind of a call like this. He was a very troubled child. His mother aboned 5 kids when Jack took the 2 boys. Jack was in his 50's & disabled already when he took the boys on. I became disabled 5 yrs after joining this family.

This is so devastating. And I am so numb right now.

Please pray for us all. Ron as our lost boy. His brother Michael & his wife Barbara as they are now in Okinowa Japan. He is in the Marine Corps. Jack & I. Erin & Seth, my children.

Thanking all ahead of time.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote