View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Susie--
I didn't mean to over alarm you about the falls thing. Something I forget to mention and didn't think about at the time, was the "why" the falls may be occuring. I am not sure if you are meaning random falls with no appherent reason OR side effects that can cause falling. By cause I am meaning side effects such as ataxia, dizziness, light headedness, and a few others which, in certain situations can result in people falling, tripping etc (as an example, I was had a really bad "fall" or sorts in gymnastics class, which further resulted in a broken foot--- the fall was due to a side effect of one of my previous anti seizure meds).

My only real soloution to the ataxia, etc type problems were to either wait it (and hope it went away) or adjust my meds. I am currently experience a lot ataxia, ligh headed ness, etc on my newest med and I am choosing to "wait it out" for a few weeks to see if my body adjusts.

I know it can be very tough to balance side effects, seizure control and all of the other important quality of life issues !

Take care-- L2L

Last edited by love2laugh; 10-10-2007 at 08:37 PM.
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote