View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Olecyn,

I was on the TOS forum for years also.

I was diagnosed with Fibro and RSD around the same time and for awhile it was hard to figure out what was causing what. I spent years in PT to help with all of my pain. TOS, RSD, Fibro, and back pain. Once you get them calmed down to a degree with treatments you can tell which is which.

I agree with Tayla, I can sure tell the difference between the pain from each one. The RSD pain seems impossible to calm down, it's a time consuming thing and takes a lot of different treatments.

Have you had any blocks yet? That might help. I also have triggerpoint injections that help calm down the Fibro and the RSD but it took a lot of shots to do it. Some we can't get calmed down.

Winters will make it worse also for most people. Our weather is changing here and I can already tell the difference in the RSD.

Also with Fibro, you have 18 triggerpoints where you feel the pain if you are pressed on in that area. I often wondered if they were right on that though because I couldn't let Bill touch me all over. If you pull up Hooshmand's puzzle that will help you with the RSD info along with the RSDA association.
Both have good info.

I know there are good websites on Fibro. One shows the triggerpoints. I will look for it for you.

I know when I start researching I get frustrated because it seems like the first 10 websites you pull up are trying to sell something to help.

I have had one side of TOS surgery and 3 inches of muscle removed under my other arm so that has helped with my TOS plus the PT.

I do know what you are going through, the intermingle so much it's some of the most horrible pain there is.

Have a good day.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote