View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 09:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Elle, nice to meet you! I'm in a similar situation to you - I was diagnosed with PPMS last October and then undiagnosed earlier this year, so I'm now a limboland native as well.

Firstly, (and you probably already have done this so forgive me if so! ) have you spoken to your neurologist or your family doctor about the fact that you're having a repeat episode, and had them examine you?

There are medications that can help to control some of your symptoms (eg fatigue if this is a debilitating symptom for you) and personally speaking, my neurologist is willing to prescribe symptomatic medications without a diagnosis (like Baclofen for spasticity).

I'm not sure just how unstable your walking is, but it may be wise to use some sort of walking aid, especially if your balance is not good and your legs shaky. You don't want to have a fall! I have a rolling walker for around the house and a wheelchair for longer distances because I can't walk very well at all. The rolling walker gives me much more confidence in getting around - and the walls of my house are now getting less handprints!

Also -I do a weekly physiotherapy class provided by the MS Society (I'm in Australia), and a daily stretching programme also provided by the MSS. I've provided a link below to a stretching manual provided by the US MS Society which may be helpful for you, to keep your muscles limber.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/pdf...Stretching.pdf

For fatigue, I use regular 20 minute power naps throughout the day as needed. They work a treat for me! But - I know that can be difficult with a child - mine is school age so I can take my power naps when when she's at school.

Sorry I can't offer much more help - and I certainly know how frustrating it is to be in your position!