View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I've always found....

...it strange, that people are a lot like rats. If given unlimited access to ANYTHING, they have certain "preferences". Some people can take coffee or leave it, some have a distinct aversion towards it, just won't drink it, will refuse it all the time, and others are what can only be considered "coffee addicts". This evaluation goes for almost every product of industry, alcohol, chocolate, cocaine, you name it.
I have always wondered why it is that some people can take something or leave it. I like alcohol for instance, and i'm pretty sure that it's a genetic thing. However i don't like coffee, and six months ago, just smoked my last cigarette. Just up and put one out and said "no more" and i have not suffered one bit of a "withdrawal syndrome" (although i never smoked that much).
Some people just cannot get off cigarettes, or coffee, or alcohol. I tried quitting alcohol, but every time, the urge for a "nice cold beer" or two or three has always gotten the better of me. I would see a beer comercial and that would be it, i had to have a beer, or think about it continually. Now , I don't drink to get drunk, i just really enjoy a slight "alcohol buzz" from a few beers. I wonder what all this means , neurochemically speaking???
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote