View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 09:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Witts!

When I went to therapy it was to try to strengthen my lower back. I had a great therapist and afterwards a 30 minute massage by their massage therapist. She said that she had patients that wanted her to do pressure point massage on them so hard she refused. She told me this after I had told her how rough the previous massage therapist I had had was on me and how I would get headaches after I left.

I would have to warm up on the bicycle for 15 minutes before doing anything and my legs would just kill me. I thought it might be just from not doing that in a very long while and I tried to give it a chance. A doctor told me long ago it was something I needed to stop because of my knees but I love riding bikes so I thought I would try it and see how it went. It made my legs hurt. So it is something I cannot do. It also played on my lower back. But if my therapist noticed it in my face she would stop me no matter how hard I wanted to try to do it. Now I know my limits and I won't push myself.

We have to learn to say when enough is enough to these therapist. Some, like mine will see it in your face and stop. Others could care less, because as was said, the no pain, no gain thing is embedded in their heads. They don't have experience enough to know that they are hurting our other problems while they think we are weak in the one they are trying to take care of.

So by all means be straight with your Dr. Ask her to help you out on this. If she is a good Dr. she will.

By the way I quit therapy for a while and tried it at home. I just have not kept up with it so I am considering going back. Some days I just really don't feel up to it.

I am glad to read the differences on here. Thanks!

Sheryl
Fibromyalgia, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Buldging disc C5-6, and the L's, DDD, DJD, Anxiety, Sleep disorder, good old arthur in hips and back, shoulder impingment with a downward spur, and some I am sure I forgot.
Sherloc56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote