View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I hate the way that some of the researcher suggests that RSD (CRPS) is easily treated by physio. If you aren't cured by physio then you are insane.

I go to a university which is very well known for it's pain psychology. It runs the UKs only pain management program for children and teens (Bath PMP). I was in the library earlier searching for a book on cognitive neuroscience when I decided to look at what they had in the pain area. Reading through some of the books made me SO ANGRY - there were lots of studies on the psychological problems of RSD'ers (in one study 80% reported previous abuse/ child abuse/ sexual abuse as a "determined" cause of RSD - as diagnosed by Drs). Also there were many more suggesting it was a conversion disorder, a form of Munchaussen, malingering etc. I personally feel that the same is with RND - if you get better then your body was making it up, if you get worse then you are insane. Grrrr

I prefer the term RSD because I feel that CRPS belittles what I live with. I have before told people I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and they then turn round and go "ok. So why can't you move? - it's only pain".

Carrie have you tried ketamine before on an outpatiet/ oral basis? I have been on it for the last 2 years or so. I have severe full body RSD and am a quad.

Love

Frogga xxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote