Thread: Progress
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Progress

Well I supposedly had my day in court. The judge's order directs me to have not vocational rehabilitation but job placement-I know have to have ten contacts hopefully with interviews each week. How in the world are they going to put me in a job where I don't overdo and cause my so-called mild side to get worse. They took my restrictions from the pain management doctor-He is no surgeon, not involved with rehab in any way, but yet he got to render my restrictions. I don't even vacuum or clean my house anymore cause it's so hard and they think I can go work all day somewhere. You should see how terribly hard it is for me to even change the sheets on my huge kingsize waterbed. The job placement lady got kind of miffed at me today cause I asked her what medical records she had looked at as my lawyer suggested I do. Well the one from my last TREATING DOCTOR not the pill pusher had lots of detailed restrictions for use of my arms. She didn't like that and she is going to go by the lifting 10 lbs and pushing or pulling 25 lbs. and she accepted pacing of hands and arms from the other doctor's restrictions. What in the hell am I supposed to do.?
The judge withheld a ruling on TTD or PPD until this is done.
People just don't realize how this crap is, all the pain, the weakness, tiredness, and most of all depression.
I so much would like to be done with this. It's been over 4 years and you all know I have had every fricking surgery in the book.
I told my lawyer I wasn't doing it (the job placement) and it took him an hour and a half to convince me to go meet with her and bring up the restrictions from the surgeon, which she most likely didn't have access to. It didn't matter.
sandy1955 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote