View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help translate MRI into English...

I am soliciting any help interpreting my MRI/Condition; so many of you have such a great wealth of knowledge…I welcome all input.

My symptoms include: Neck pain radiating into right shoulder and down arm - moderate to severe (EMG confirms Cervical Radiculopathy), neck aches, creaking sounds when turn my head, headaches severe (at times) starting at base of skull/neck several times a week, range of motion limited when turning head, some days I feel totally disabled with neck pain, some days not so bad...etc..

Onset of symptoms couple years ago with neck injury, re-aggravitated and substancially worsened since car accident 6 mts ago...all conservative methods tried except cervical epidural shot thus far.

__________________________________________________ _____

Examination of the individual intervertal disc spaces demonstrates mild ostoarthritic change at the C1-2 articulation

C2-3 demonstrates diffuse disc/osteophyte complex, mildly effacing ventral CSF. There is minimal narrowing of the right and mild to moderate narrowing of the left neural foramina, due to disc/osteophyte complex and hypertropic changes from the left greater than the right facet joints.

C4-5 demonstrates moderate central canal stenosis suspected to be due to a combination of a degree of developmental stenosis as well as disc/osteophyte complex and focal posterior midline disc protrusion contacting the anterior margin of the cord. There is moderate narrowing of both neural foramina, with hypertropic changes from the facet joints contributing to the neural forminal stenosis.

C5-6 demonstrates central canal stenosis, with disc/osteophyte complex superimposed upon a degree of developmental stenosis, contributing to the central canal narrowing. There is moderate to severe bilateral neural foraminal stenosis with proliferative changes from the facet joints contributing to the stenosis.

C6-7 and C7-T1 are unremarkable.
oscar36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote