View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

6 months post MVD
Unless something unexpected happens this will be the end of my diary. I've chosen to end it at 6 months because my neurosurgeon said "at six months it will be as good as it's going to get".
So this is as good as it's going to get....not bad I say!

On the positive side (which far outways the negative side by 100%) I'm still pain free and medication free. That really was the goal and it has been met.

On the negative side I still have about a one inch square area around the lower left side of my lip/chin area that is numb. I did get the feeling back in my cheek, teeth, tongue. Although this is a bit uncomfortable it really affects nothing. Not the way I look or eat or feel.
I have a indentation where the incision was made. I'm sure that it is permanent as well. It feels like the bone just healed that way. Once again it affects nothing. It's not noticable unless I touch it.
My hair is still growing back. That seams to be taking a long time. I figure it will be another 6 months before those little pieces fit in with the rest of my do.
I still get these ice pick headaches from time to time. They are sharp pains that last for a few seconds and then disappear. There is no rhyme or reason for when I get them. I don't believe they were caused by the surgery as I had them before also. I just thought they were all part and parcel of TN but I guess they are a separate issue.

My life is so much more normal now that I am off the meds. All you people out there that live on these megadoses of anticonvulsive cocktails know exactly what I'm talking about.

Coming off the meds was literally like the fog just lifted and the sun came out. Everything is bright and clear. What a way to live!

Let me just add. If there is anyway I can help any of you contemplating an MVD or healing from one, please allow me to do so. I am staying on the forum with all my friends that helped me through this. I would like the opportunity to return that kindness. You can PM me or just start a new thread. I will answer.

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails
ella138 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shezbut (02-23-2017)