Thread: Progress
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi

I too had to suffer going back with poor restrictions. I had a job but they tried to modify it so that I was no lifting over 10lbs and no overhead arm use....so it was hell. As a nurse I had to do all of those things. I ended up trying and failing it.

My best advice is to try to do what they say and show your pain OUT LOUD!!!! DON't hide it show them if it happens. If you are in pain you need to stop!!! You will do more damage...if you fail then will it not be going back to your doctor and DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT!!!!

Keep a journal every day of what you can do and can't and what causes the pain or Numbness, tingling...or any symptoms. I too can't vacuum and they tried to send me back again and my doctor told me due to my meds....narcotics and my physical restrictions I was incapable of work....compensation still thinks I can work so it is an ongoing battle. I suspect this is going to be your case as well.

I hope that something works out for you. If you have pain at work or even looking for work, get to your doc immediately and get the issues documented. The law can't argue with medical documents if there are many. So if you wake up and end up with a huge headache or can't go to work get a doc apt or if you need to go to emergency go so there are documents.

I hope things work out for you! Best of luck...always remember that you are first and you need to do what is right for you within the rules, but right as in no work if it hurts. Give all pertinent info to the person helping you find the job....all you can do is try .....fail....then get back to court or whatever you need to do!!!

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote