Thread: Kinda New Here
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hello mucker,

Well, it's actually a progressive thing for me. A repetitive problem from work. One day the fingers on my right hand just froze while i was writing, and got worst from there.

I was 1st diagnosed with De Quervains syndrome and had surgery for it; it didn't work, btw.

A co-worker told me about TOS and did my research on it. I found this site and found Dr. Ellis because of this website. I paid out of pocket to see Dr. Ellis, but that feeling of knowing what is going with me, made the long drive and the expenses well worth it.

I was diagnosed with TOS 3 years after my first injury date and it took another 1 1/2 year for me to finally get the right doctor/medication/treatment. It took a lot of work to tell you the truth; i did a lot of research, talked to people; i thank God that this site, as well as other help sites exists because i received some good advice and wisdom from some people in this sites, and of course money and lots of perseverance. I always get and keep a copy of all my progress reports, test results, receipts, letters; insurance/doctors/lawyer. A friend once told me "You are the only one who can really advocate for you, so get off your b..t and fight, fight, fight."

As i mentioned before, i'm currently on cymbalta for pain, botox shots every 3 months or so (it's always a fight to get this) and i do yoga, stretches specifically for TOS, massages(every week or so), water therapy (i have my own system for this, i go in the jacuzzi first: 5-10 min. and then i jump in the pool and do my exercises in there, and then back in the jacuzzi), it helps a lot. It's a hit and miss really. I read something that might work and i try it. If it hurts, i stop. If it works, yeah for me.

I'm back in school working on my Bachelors (i go to class once a week and i get a whole week to work on papers and readings). Don't get me wrong, i'm not better, i'm not pain free. I have days when i still get horrific headaches and pain that i don't go out of the house.......... or leave the couch for that matter.

My hand is starting to throb and swell, so i have to stop now. I hope this help out some. I'll check in once in a while, so please don't hesitate to ask me any question, and i'll try to answer when and if i can.

Have a Great Day To All!!!

Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker View Post
Hi welcome back if you wouldn't mind would you tell us a little more about your tos and how you got it and that kinda of stuff. The reason i ask is i was not here a few years ago so just wondering if you may have any advice on how you have dealt with this and if you had a hard time with being diagnosed and types of treatments you have gone through and what worked and did not work. thanks hope to see you here a gain bye for now.

SocalShopGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote