View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Carrie

Ok - so what have you tried? The way I understand it you have full body RSD for the last couple of months and you are now developing dystonia in your left arm? Is that right?

Ketamine - you can take this orally every day - which I do. Some people here swear by things like Grape Seed Extract and antioxidants such as DMSO. There are pain creams which can be used which are a mixture of ketamine/capascin and other stuff. Blocks - it would be worth a try as you sound like you are in the beginning stages of RSD and you are not going to lose anything by trying and they really help some people.

I am really baffled by what you say about physiotherapy - to not have had any at all? If you believe that your RSD is similar to the RND type then surely having physio is really really important (and yes I do know exactly how much it all hurts! but I have been unable to find a physio willing to treat me for the last 2 years or so because I'm too advanced/ in too much pain and alot of the deterioation I have had to deal with since I feel is related to that. The problem is that contractures can form fast in RSD areas and so physio is really important or SOME way of keeping the muscles moving/ normalised.

I know this may sound like a rant - but I have had huge problems with physio which alongside severe RSD has meant that I have developed contractures in most of my joints. You may never get them, many don't, it's just I know how hard to deal with they are and I don't want anyone that doesn't have to to go through that!

Love

Frogga

xxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote