View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Some of us have had some relief with chiropractic, myofascial massages, posture work & types of bodywork, heating pad, Electric stimulation, low level laser...
myofascial massage-
http://www.holisticjunction.com/cate...l-release.html

time -
I was injured {RSI/TOS} in spring of 03, worked modified duty till October, then was off work. I was pretty messed up for awhile {hands, arms, shoulder, upper back & neck pains}- then finally had some good improvements with 2 sets of decent PT and the time off from work.

In spring of 04 they sent me back to full work - I agreed to try it because I was feeling pretty good - I didn't last very long though, only 2.5 months total, I was hurting after only a week and it just got worse and worse.

If I hadn't tried going back to work I probably would have been OK after a year. But still with a chronic tendency for RSI if I did certain things & with the pulse stopping with the arm in certain positions.

Working in 04 gave me the set back that added another couple of months to the injury, and then I was feeling pretty good again - so I helped make a concrete floor for our shop, a weeks worth of heavy lifting, shoveling etc- severely injured myself with that.
Major muscle spasms that felt like my head, neck and chest were "locked up" . not fun at all.

While I was still having these spasms I came across a very good chiropractor who was a great help with the spasms and misalignments.
I was still not able to get my neck to completely relax, it would tighten up very easily.
So in 2/05 found an advanced PT to do a full evaluation since my Drs hadn't really put a name to my condition yet. He just decided to try to mobilize my top ribs and they dropped which relieved so many lingering sx! After that I was well on my way to many normal activities.
Both the DC & that PT did more for me as far as pain relief and healing than any of the drs I had seen.
I still go to the chiro each month- he uses all of the modalities I listed above as well as any adjustments , even does the C1/C2 adjust.

So for me it was bad for 2.5-3 yrs & I still get odd twinges, sx or triggerpoints if I don't keep on top of my stretches and posture stuff.

But everyone seems to get a different version of TOS and /or other things along with it- so it's hard to compare specifics sometimes.

My suggestion is to aim for complete pain reduction and then take more time still before even trying to go back to work.

Questions-
What are they doing for you at the PT place?
what kind of treatments ?
Bad PT can mess you up as much as working- if anything is seeming to make you worse please don't keep doing it - stop and firmly tell them that it is hurting more. {usually weights, stretchy bands are used way too soon- some can't tolerate them at all}

well since I wrote a novel LOL I better take a break.