View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Carrie,

If your skin is red and warm (maybe like a mild sunburn), you are in the acute stage; the time when everyone agrees RSD can go into remission. The problem is that no one has any idea why people get better during this stage: Except me.

I write a lot about RSD here, mostly saying it is a disorder called ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI); but I'm not even gonna try to convince you of that right now. I'm only here to tell you that two of the OTC meds that have been suggested here have been shown to be efficacious in clinical research: They are antioxidants and DMSO (an antiinflammatory/antioxidant).

(I will be happy to send you the research abstracts, just click on the "rsd_hbot" link below).

Should you decide to look up some of my previous posts, I need to warn you that I talk about the chronic stage of this disease, NOT the acute stage; and they are completely different. We are all in the chronic stage, and there is no known widely efficacious treatment for chronic RSD (not even ketamine). For us, it is incurable; for you there is still hope.

I hope you'll post more about your symptoms because I know that everyone here wants to learn as much as we can. You have a willing audience that is also willing to give lots of advice; much of it disagreeing with other advice...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by kimmydawn; 10-12-2007 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Administrative Edit
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote