View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I should have updated this thread.... but I forgot I posted it

Anyway, I did talk to my doctor. I had an appointment with her on her 'early' day (when she works until lunch and then goes home) and I was her last patient for her workday....

We talked about me needing PT and what I needed, and she agreed with what I needed but she wasn't sure where to send me...

She said she would make some phone calls to try to find a PT place and person that offered what I needed (and someone who knew something about CTD's) and get back to me.

She called me at home almost 2 hours later - she was still in her office and had spent almost the full 2 hours calling area PT places (so much for her early day).... not a single PT with in 30 minutes of here had ever heard CTD's....

So the doctor then called my rheumatologist - and the rheumy confirmed the fact that he has been trying to find a PT to send his CTD patients to and he never had any luck finding any in the area either.

So no PT for me, because my doc, my rheumy and I all agree that getting incorrect PT can/will make me way worse than getting no PT.

Maybe I should send my husband to PT school.....
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote