View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawdog View Post
---snip---
Adjusting medications at college ensured me almost complete seizure control, but personal acceptance of what some see as an "invisible disability" couldn't be fixed with a pill.

So my time off was a commitment to personal exploration.

During this time I went flying onto the then-burgeoning information superhighway, zipping along at 128.8kbps as I published a web site with an insider's view on epilepsy.
---snip---
the words beginning with "So" are a sentence fragment.

i think it depends on what you are planning to major in. if you are going to study the social sciences, presenting yourself as a poster child for epilepsy may be a good idea. if you do that, however, you are going to have to conform to the preconceptions about disability of your professors, which is sort of the opposite of what you just said.

if you are going to major in anything else, i advise keeping your head down until after you have been accepted.

many publications that give examples of good essays written for college entrance suggest that if you have overcome a problem you should write about it, showing how good a problem solver you are.

but i tend to agree with dave here. you are going to this school to learn, not to teach. perhaps you could spin it so you are showing them how your experiences with epilepsy have made you a better student?

wishing hugs and chocolate to everyone
annie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote