View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It Made Me Happy, Guy

to know that it was I who started the thread, "Specifically Amantadine" because you seem to have benefitted from many good responses to my thread. I just want to say, too, that hopefully, my pwp will benefit from what you wrote a few days ago in response to my post about Cogentin wherein your thoughts about this medication were so much "in sync" with mine that it gave me the impetus to pursue this with my pwp's (Doreen's) neurologist who, today, began titrating her off the Cogentin. You may or may not recall that I had noted behavioral/cognitive impairment...that Doreen had had Comtan eliminated and seemed to fare better..but, not exactly clear-headed. The only other medication that she was taking in addition to the Sinemet was the Cogentin which, from all that I read...and your affirmation of what I read...can have the same cognitive side effects as Comtan so that by process of elimination, I (and you) felt that, logically, it HAD to be related to the Cogentin. You'll remember, too, that the Cogentin had really eliminated her tremor so that you and I both felt that perhaps a reduction of the Cogentin (without eliminating it completely) MIGHT still help with the tremor while helping to eliminate the cognitive difficulties. I had told you that your affirmation of my thoughts about all this helped me to pursue this with Doreen's neurologist...and, just today, he agreed that she should reduce the Cogentin to 2 pills daily instead of 4 pills with the knowledge, of course, that the tremor could return but perhaps not as enhanced. At this point, it had become more important to try to "repair" the cognitive impairment...this has just impacted so negatively on her everyday ability to do her job as a medical assistant...so, needless to say, we are hoping...and praying...that we're on the "right track" with all this. Thank you again, Guy, for your assessment of this and for encouraging me as you did.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote