View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy APS, Thymoma and MG-posted in Intro to

Reposted, thought it was more relevant here
Hello, I am Carrie and I was just recently diagnosed with MG. Prior to my diagnosis I have suffered with APS (antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome). In the past year I have suffered 4 TIA's, a blood clot in my ARM, Jugular Vein and in my Kidneys all from the APS. I thought that was the root to all of my weakness and and other symptoms. In August I landed in the hospital with chest pain, shortness of breath and extreme hoarseness in my voice. It was then that they told me that I had a Thymoma and might have APS. It took 8 weeks of not having a voice and extreme weakness to get a diagnosis and to be placed on Mestinon. I was told on Tuesday that I was probably in a Myasthenic Crisis. My Myasthenia is effecting my legs, arms, eyes, and my larynx.
My question is, does any body else have a complication with MG such as APS or an other blood clotting disorder? I was told that I will need to have Trans-sternal surgery to remove my thymoma but because of my blood clots I am at a more the 50% chance of having a life-threatening heart-attack or stroke from the surgery. I was going to U of M Hospital and then was refered to Mayo Clinic because of how complicated I am, insurance doesn't cover it all so I went to another hospital who then refered me to Mayo again. I told them my insurance didn't cover me there so they are sending me back to U of M Hospital. I feel like a ping pong ball. Nobody wants to treat me.
Oh, by the way, I am the ripe age of 29 and have two children 2.5 year old girl and a 5 year old boy.
carriestreet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote