View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart

Here's the scoop from what fiance and I have concluded:

I've been taking 50 mgs. of Topomax for over 6 months now. So I don't think it's the Topomax - but I agree with everyones' warnings and also want to spread the word on that.

We've discussed how BAD the Topomax and the manic / crazy behavior has been when my docs made me hit 100 to 125 mgs. I had two major mania breakdowns with Topomax, several years ago, and learned my lesson. Then, after a long break, I tried it again, as it did give some relief from nerve pain. So far, as long as I take just the 50 mgs. in the AM, and no more, I am "ok."

However, this particular weird breakdown incident I think was different because it came after a particularly "physical" day, and/or, it may be from the diabetes II that came on with the Lyrica. So I want to warn people about the Lyrica med also!

After one month with Metformin, and a strict dietary regime, as well as repeated attempts at exercise, (in between being bedridden from the exercise), my blood sugar is pretty stable between 105 - 110, which I understand is pretty darn good. I've read a few good books on diabetes II and I am really serious about beating this. I don't want MORE meds, and / or MORE medical problems.

So at first I thought maybe it was blood sugar (it tested 158 during that night), but now fiance and I concluded it was just a matter of too much exercise for my ol' TOS body.

Sometimes / some days / once in a while I can feel so good, that I don't want to stop swimming or walking, and because I know that probably the next day and for maybe the next few weeks I'll be bedridden, so I just don't want the good feeling to end just yet. I hate it when I'm having a good day, and I know that by that night, or very soon anyways, it's going to end. Don't some of you all feel the same way???

But now I learned that overdoing it can be pretty bad, and bring on a lot more than just a flare, also. At least for me!

Thank you sweet ones for all of your concern and care. Makes a person feel lucky!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote