View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 01:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Cool!!

Ada,
I LOVE Halloween, and really miss having kids that dress up for it (and sometimes even dressing up myself for their parties, or to pass out candy! We don’t get any trick or treaters here anymore....*sigh). I am really good with costume stuff. I had a ball last year when Jay was still in High School, and the band had to dress up like Zombies for a half time show that they did. They played “Thriller” and a couple of other Halloweeny type songs....and their band director wanted them ALL to look like the zombies in the Thriller video! (Here is just the “Thriller” part, if you want to watch it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O_tMo1uDeE

Wish that I could still find the pictures of the kids close up online for you to see., there were A LOT taken of Jay...he looked REALLY NEAT! LOL). Jay looked like he JUST walked out of the Thriller Video grave yard, and I wound up doing make up for about 3 other kids for each one of these performances.

Like Jo said...putting on really light make up, and using eye shadow to hollow out your face is a pretty easy thing to do. You can use a SUPER pale base, and translucent (or white, if you can find it) face powder. Then, use a dark plum/purply eye shadow in place of blush, right under your cheek bones to hollow out cheeks (it doesn’t take very much at all, and the key is BLENDING! LOL). You can then use a small brush to dust the hollows of your eyes with that same color.

For clothes.....I got the sport coat, pants, shirt and tie (all some atrocious shades of green and dark green) from the thrift store for Jays Zombie outfit. I cut everything up with my big serated bread knife, and then did “distress” things a bit with some charcoal powder. Just a little....to make him look dirty and dusty. I got a can of that white hairspray from Wal Mart. I think that this WHOLE outfit cost me about $6, and the make up less than that (since I could use some of my own). If you can’t get to a thrift store, you can still just make yourself look “Dead” with the make up thing, and just wear some black clothes. A little fake blood goes a long way, too. LOL

Personally, I like dressing up as either a vampire or a witch. The witch you can make the same, except get that green face paint/make up (walmart has it), blend it in, use the same translucent face powder over the whole thing, and do the SAME thing with the SAME plum/purply eye shadow. Rat your hair, pop a hat on..and WA LA! Instant Witch! LOL. (I can come up with other things...Hippies, martians, “dead brides” [something that Meghan wanted to be for a couple of years running..don’t know why], and even know how to make someone a ball of aluminum foil [something that my little brother was one year....again, I don’t know why! LOL]. Gypsies are fairly easy too, if you have some full colorful skirts and stuff to use). If you want me to put my thinking cap on...just holler. I LOVE doing the whole Halloween thing! LOL

I hope you have FUN! Let us know what you decide to dress up as, and how the whole party goes! Have LOTS of FUN!!!

Love and
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote