View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 09:44 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Drug Reporting

Liza Jane - good to hear you reported to FDA - I dont think the docs do much of anything to report to drug companies unless they see lots of instances.... (until they see a pattern)... I took one tablet once of seldayne (it was an allergy med) (the only one I ever had), but was also at the end of a week long bout of the flu so couldnt really isolate an incident - and went into heart failure - my effective heart rate was around 29 bpm for almost a whole day - and after finally going to urgent care was rushed by ambulance to UCLA CCU - they had no idea what was going on -especially since I'd just had a cardiac workup few months earlier and all was fine.... (this is when I was healthy).... it slowly got back to normal as the med wore off - but - no connection was made at the time... I saw several years later it had been taken off the market for just this reason.... couple months ago I accidently sprayed nasonex (nose spray for allergies) right into my eye (I was tired - duh) and called the manufacturer to see what if any damage I might/could do... they told me first what to do (go soak your head)... then took my personal information and sent me a release to send to my doc to follow up and make sure there was no lasting damage.... I was surpised at their vigilance on that one.....

Hope you feel better.

Last edited by BEGLET; 10-13-2007 at 10:25 AM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote